Sunday, March 14, 2010

If Joe Lunardi can do it...

I love ESPN. I wake up and the first thing I do is check to see if there are any new articles posted by Rick Rielly, Pat Forde, or Bill Simmons. The issue I have with them is Joe Lunardi, not that I don't Brackettolgy is fun to keep up with and read but the mere fact that he is applauded for correctly picking 65 of 65 teams in the big dance two years ago and 63 of 65 last year. Honestly I am not impressed.

There are 31 conferences meaning 31 automatic bids. Therefore, the correct placement is of the 34 remaining spots is what one could truly pick. Now of these 34 spots around 30 of them can be considered "locks". Then what you have is the bubble where it can get dicey. So last season of the 4 "last teams in" Joe only predicted 2 of 4 correctly, 50% I'm sorry thats not something that I would write home about.

In order to be fairly judged I will post my tournament predictions:

1 Seeds:
Kansas
Kentucky
'Cuse
Duke

2 Seeds:
West Virginia
Ohio State
Kansas State
Villanova

3 Seeds:
Georgetown
Temple
Butler
Purdue

4 Seeds:
Wisconsin
Pittsburgh
New Mexico
Tennessee

5 Seeds:
Michigan State
Maryland
Butler
BYU

6 Seeds:
Vanderbilt
Richmond
Texas A&M
Gonzaga

7 Seeds:
Xavier
Texas
Northern Iowa
UTEP

8 Seeds:
Cal
Notre Dame
Florida State
Oklahoma State

9 Seeds:
Marquette
San Diego State
Missouri
Clemson

10 Seeds:
Georgia Tech
Louisville
UNLV
Old Dominion

11 Seeds:
Washington
Mississippi State
Siena
St Marys

12 Seeds:
Minnesota
Utah State
Wake Forest
New Mexico State

13 Seeds:
Montana
Cornell
Murray State
Oakland

14 Seeds:
Sam Houston
Wofford
Houston
Ohio

15 Seeds:
UCSB
Morgan State
North Texas
Vermont

16 Seeds:
Robert Morris
East Tennessee St
Lehigh
UAPB







No comments:

Post a Comment